I have to warn you, these are so easy and delicious that you may have to make a 2nd batch. Son loves them so much we've been packing them in his lunch.
- 3 tbsp dairy & GF margarine (or coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar or agave
- 1 3/4 C pureed pumpkin
- 1 C vanilla rice milk
- 1/2 C GF Flour (buckwheat or sorghum work well)
- 3/4 tsp GF baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Beat the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the pumpkin, and milk - mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Scrape/pour the batter into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45 - 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the pumpkin pie bars cool and serve with or without gluten free/dairy free ice cream.
These are so good....just writing this post makes me want to make a batch.....